How to book an obituary ad
A step-by-step guide on how to book an obituary advertisement online.
- Check that you have obtained the required items listed on the Homepage before you proceed
(e.g. scanned copy of the death certificate, photograph of the deceased, etc) by visiting the Checklist page.
- Register your details with us.
- Choose your preferred layout at the Layout & Size page.
Similarly, choose your desired size, using the examples as a guideline. Then click the “Next” button.
Note: Common advertisement sizes are provided for a frame of reference. The size and layout can still be changed in Editor during a later stage of the process.
- Click on the Classification & Date page.
Select the publication that you want (The Straits Times or Berita Harian), your classification (Obituary – Death Announcement, In Memoriam, Condolences or Acknowledgements). Then specify the date you wish your obituary advertisement to appear. Then click the “Next” button.
Note: All obituary advertisements are in full colour.
- Click on the Compose page to choose your preferred background from the options given.
You can upload your own background if you wish. Using the plus and minus signs, choose the height and width of your advertisement. Then click the “Next” button.
- Compose your text in the Text Editor below.
Your text should include important information like wake details, service/prayer details etc. See How to write an obituary ad for more information. Then click the “Next” button.
Note: You can save the advertisement you have composed to your local computer at this point.
- A preview of your advertisement is now viewable on the Confirm page.
Check to see that all details are in order. The window on the right hand side shows the size of your advertisement in relation to a full page of a newspaper. Then click the “Next” button. Our sales representatives will contact you to confirm your advertisement as soon as they possibly can.
- On the Upload Documents page, upload the scanned documents required in the file formats specified.
You may send us any of your requests (e.g. when we should avoid calling you) under “Additional information”. Then click the “Next” button.
- Pay for your advertisement on the Make Payment page.
We accept payment from all major credit and debit cards. Then click the “Next” button.
- A summary of your payment details will be given on the Receipt & Acknowledgement section